With a Student loan you can cover the costs that arise during your studies
- Whether you are studying in Estonia or abroad
- The annual interest is only 5%
- No fee for concluding an Agreement
- Simple application process
- Flexible repayment opportunity
Calculate the monthly instalment
The result is approximate and may differ from the terms and conditions offered to you.
Complete student loan application
The surety providers you have selected complete the surety applications
We will notify you of the decision to grant a loan within three working days
We digitally conclude a loan agreement with you and a contract of suretyship with your surety providers
We transfer the student loan to your account
Terms and conditions and price list
During the 2021/2022 academic year, the maximum amount of the state secured student loan is 2500 €. If your nominal period of study is less than nine months, you can receive a student loan of up to 1250 €.
Repayment of the principal loan amount begins at the latest when 12 months have passed from graduation from the educational institution, except for if you continue your education within that time. We will prepare the repayment schedule for a period that is equivalent to twice the nominal period of study.
If you terminate your studies, the student loan is to be repaid over a period that is one and a half times the length of time spent studying in the educational institution.
5% on the loan balance per year.
Since you have not yet begun to repay the principal loan amount, each year on 1 November you will only pay the interest that has accumulated on the loan balance.
|Conclusion of the agreement|
Free of charge.
Sureties from two individuals or a property located in Estonia.
You may suspend repayment of the principal amount of the student loan for the period in which you are on parental leave (for a period of up to three years after the birth of the child), in conscript service, or serving your residency. All student loan interest during that period is paid to the bank by the state.
|Requirements for the surety|
The surety may be a person who is a citizen of the Republic of Estonia or who is living here based on the right of permanent residence or a long-term residency permit. They must be at least 18 years old and their net income for the last three months must be greater than the minimum wage. We ask for the surety to please send a statement of their account for the last 6 months to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ask for students studying abroad to please send a certificate from their educational institution. If the security for the loan is property, please submit a valuation report and insurance policy for it.
The student loan is offered by AS LHV Pank. Always think through your loan decision carefully. Review the terms and conditions at lhv.ee/oppelaen and ask for advice from our specialist. The annual rate of charge for a student loan is 5.189% on the following sample terms and conditions: loan amount 2500 €, fixed annual interest rate of 5%, contract fee 0 €, loan period of 120 months, with the principal amount being on a payment holiday for the first 48 months. The total repaid sum is 3407,77 €, with payment taking place in the form of monthly annuity payments. If property serves as the security for the student loan, Collateral Insurance must be concluded in order to receive the loan. The rate does not include the expenses related to establishing and insuring the collateral.
Other useful information about the student loan
Concluding the agreement
- The Agreement can be concluded from 1Septmeber to 31 May.
- We will transfer the student loan to your bank account starting on 15 September, and starting on 1 October for first-year students.
- You may not receive a student loan while you are on academic leave. You may also not apply for a student loan after the fact, i.e. for an academic year that has already ended.
- You do not have to be a client of LHV Pank to apply for the loan.
- If you do not have an account with us yet, then now is your last chance to open one, since the student loan will be deposited in your account at LHV Pank. We will also deduct interest and principal payments from this account in the future.
Transferring an Agreement
- You may only have a valid student loan agreement with one bank. If you have already taken out a student loan from another bank, you can transfer it to LHV. To do so, send your valid agreement information to us at the address email@example.com and let your previous bank know about your desire to terminate the agreement.
Amendment of the Agreement
- The Agreement may be amended without charge. If you would like to change your repayment schedule, terminate the agreement or make some other changes, please let us know at the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you terminate your studies, you must repay the student loan in a period that equals one and a half times the length of time you spent studying in the educational institution, but not shorter than 6 months.
- Repayment of the student loan and payment of interest can be suspended for the period which you are on parental leave, until the child reaches three years of age (in the event that the child’s other parent has not been granted a grace period for a student loan on the same basis). Repayment of the student loan and payment of interest shall also be suspended during conscript service or the time spent as a doctor-resident in residency. All student loan interest during that interval is paid to the bank by the state. If you would like to apply for a grace period, please let us know of your wish at the address email@example.com. Send us the child’s birth certificate prior to the child reaching three years of age, a certificate issued by the military unit prior to the end of conscript service or a certificate on the duration of your residency. Please note that the benefit applies as of the moment of presentation of the certificate and the application, not retroactively from the start date of the period of eligibility.
Call 699 9111 Mon-Fri 9–17 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org