Growth Account is the easiest way for long-term investment
- You can invest starting from EUR 1 in both index funds and stocks
- Payments can be either regular or one-time
- Make payments conveniently with the aid of micro-investments
- We perform securities transactions on your behalf
- Conclusion of an agreement is free of charge
- There is also no management fee in the first year
Now, in addition to funds, popular US stocks can also be selected for the Growth Account portfolio.
Alphabet • Amazon • Apple • Berkshire Hathaway • Coca Cola • Meta Platforms • Microsoft • Pfizer • Tesla Motors • Visa
A Growth Account is flexible and easy to open
Open an account and sign the agreement
If you are not yet a client of LHV, open an account. Then sign an investment services agreement and a Growth Account agreement.
Build your investment portfolio
You can choose up to ten index funds or stocks for your investment portfolio and set their proportions. You can change the selected securities and their proportions at a later date. Check out the selection of securities
Transfer money to your account
You can transfer money to the Growth Account at any time and in any amount that suits you.
Sign a standing payment order to make regular investments. You can change the amount you invest at any time, and you can take a break on standing payments if you need to.
Activate micro-investing, which allows you to grow your investment portfolio unnoticed. With each debit card payment, you invest up to EUR 1 in your own Growth Account.
Transactions take place automatically
The money in your Growth Account will be used to buy new securities for your portfolio on Wednesdays between 11.00 and 19.00.
Selection of securities for automatic investments
Themes and regions
Alphabet • GOOGL
- Alphabet is Google’s parent company and one of the most successful U.S. tech companies
Amazon • AMZN
- Amazon.com is a major e-commerce, cloud and streaming company
Advanced Micro Devices • AMD
- An American semiconductor manufacturer developing computer processors and related technologies for business and consumer markets
AT&T • T
- The world's largest telecommunications company and the third largest provider of mobile phone services in the USA
Apple • AAPL
- Apple is the world's largest information technology company, the manufacturer of iPhone and Macintosh computers
Berkshire Hathaway • BRKB
- Berkshire Hathaway is the world’s most famous holding company, run by Warren Buffet
Boeing • BA
- Boeing Company, together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, sells, serves and provides support for commercial aircraft, military aircraft, satellites, missile defence, human spaceflight and launch systems, and services around the world
COCA COLA • KO
- Coca-Cola is the world’s most popular soft drinks manufacturer and distributor
DSV • DSV
- A Danish transport and logistics company that provides transport services worldwide by road, air, sea and rail
Equinor • EQNR
- A Norwegian state-owned international energy company headquartered in Stavanger. It is mainly an oil company that operates in 36 countries and additionally invests in renewable energy.
Exxon Mobil • XOM
- An American international oil and gas corporation that is vertically integrated across the entire oil and gas industry, and it also includes a chemistry department, which produces plastic, synthetic rubber and other chemical products
Fortum Oyj • FORTUM
- The Finnish state-owned energy company Fortum operates power plants, including cogeneration plants, and produces and sells electricity and heat
General Electric • GE
- An American energy company that operates primarily in four segments: energy, renewable energy, aviation, and healthcare
IBM • IBM
- IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware and software, as well as provides hosting and consulting services from mainframe computers to nanotechnology
Intel • INTC
- Intel Corporation is engaged in the design, production and sale of computer products and technologies around the world
JP Morgan Chase • JPM
- JPMorgan Chase is the largest bank in the United States of America; it is the world's largest bank in terms of market capitalisation, and the fifth largest bank in the world in terms of total assets
McDonald's • MCD
- McDonald's is the world's largest restaurant chain with more than 40,000 fast food restaurants around the world
Meta Platforms • META
- Meta Platforms is the parent company of Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and others
Microsoft • MSFT
- Microsoft is a U.S. technology company that mainly manufactures software and electronics
Moderna Inc • MRNA
- An American pharmaceutical and biotechnology company that focuses primarily on mRNA vaccines
Netflix • NFLX
- US film streaming service and content production company
NVIDIA • NVDA
- Nvidia is a software company that designs graphics processing units (GPUs), application programming interfaces (APIs) for data science and high-performance computing, and systems-on-chip (SoC) for mobile computing and the automotive industry. Nvidia is a global leader in AI hardware and software.
Paypal Holdings • PYPL
- A fintech company that operates an online payment system and provides an electronic alternative to traditional payments
Pfizer • PFE
- Pfizer is a popular pharmaceutical company and biotechnology company
Shell Plc • SHEL
- A British international oil and gas company headquartered in London. It is one of the “corporate giants” in oil and gas, and consistently one of the largest companies in the world in terms of revenue and profits.
Swedbank A • SWEDA
- Swedbank is a Nordic and Baltic banking group based in Stockholm, Sweden, which offers retail banking, asset management, financial and other services
Tesla Motors • TSLA
- Tesla is the world’s most valuable car maker and a company focused on clean energy solutions
UPM-Kymmene • UPM
- A Finnish forestry company employing approximately 17,000 people and operating manufacturing plants in 12 countries
Visa • V
- Visa is one of the world’s largest providers of financial services and card payments
Wise PLC (TransferWise) • WISE
- Wise is a P2P money transfer service headquartered in London, but in addition, the company has eight more offices over the world, including New York, Sydney, Singapore and Tallinn.
Microinvestment with Growth Account
Microinvestment enables you to grow your investment portfolio without even noticing, investing up to 1 euro to your Growth Account with each debit card payment.
Did you know that microinvesting will help you to deposit approximately 1,1 euros to Growth Account on a daily basis, in a year it will grow up to 400 euros.
Microinvesting is targeted to customers who are ready to accept investment risk, value comfort and are determined to save money in the long-term. Microinvesting will help you to deposit approximately 1,1 euros to Growth Account on a daily basis, in a year it will grow up to 400 euros. If you invest this amount of money yearly throughout 25 years the value of your Growth Acccount will increase up to 40,000 euros provided the average annual growth rate is 10%.
This can be done by signing first the Investment Services Agreement, then setting up Growth Account Agreement via the internet bank. Finally, debit card has to used for payments in order to generate automatically microinvestments that are transferred to Growth Account.
Conclude the agreement
If you do not have a Growth Account yet, first conclude an Investment Services Agreement and Growth Account Agreement.
Activate and configure
Activate microinvestment service at Growth Account’s settings page located in the internet bank. If you wish, you can set an upper limit to the microinvestment sum for smaller payments.
Pay with debit card
Pay with LHV’s debit card and invest with every payment.
Please note! The microinvestment sum is not reserved automatically after each debit card payment. The card payments made during a 24-hour period are accumulated and on the next day the total sum will be calculated to be transferred to your Growth Account as a microinvestment.
If you do not have sufficient funds for the microinvestment at the time of the payment, then a) as much as possible will be taken from your account or b), if your account balance is zero, nothing is taken.
If you wish to stop making microinvestments, you can cancel the service in the internet bank.
Calculation of microinvestment
The sum of a debit card payment is rounded to the next integer.
Example. Your card payment is 2.1 euros. The next integer is 3 euros. The difference between the two numbers is 90 cents – that is the sum of the microinvestment.
If you wish, you can set an upper limit to your microinvestments for smaller payments (up to 10 euros), which is 10% of the payment value.
Example. Your card payment is 2.1 euros. Usually your microinvestment sum would be 90 cents. By selecting 10% as the upper limit, the microinvestment sum is limited to 21 cents.
Open a Growth Account for your child
If your child is not yet a client of LHV, open an account for him or her.
Log into the Internet Bank and choose the child’s role. First, conclude an Investment Services Agreement and then a Growth Account Agreement (‘Information and settings’ → ‘Agreements’).
Choose suitable Growth Account securities. You can choose up to ten instruments.
Sign a standing order in your Internet Bank, as this way, every month a fixed sum will be received in your child’s Growth Account.
Make your child a gift and open a Growth Account. If you want a certificate to hand over the gift, download the designed form and fill in the necessary fields.
Growth Account for home loan down payment
Use the calculator to see how long would it take you to achieve the necessary down payment via investing or simply via saving.
Investing via Growth Account may allow you to reach the necessary sum for the home loan down payment faster, as the money grows faster while investing it, versus saving it.
When signing a home loan agreement in LHV Bank, you can sell assets from your Growth Account with no fees.
View the Conditions of Growth Account Agreement.
Sell your funds in the desired amount from your Growth Account 2 weeks prior to the date of loan money being paid out. We will reimburse the fees associated to sales of the Growth Account funds within 2 weeks.
How long would it take to collect the down payment for the home loan via investing in comparison to saving?
Purchase price of the property€
Investing is related to opportunities and risks; the market value of securities may both increase and decrease. Currency fluctuations may affect the rate of return on foreign markets. Before making an investment decision, carefully examine the materials concerning the investment as well as potential risks and, if necessary, seek advice from an expert.
Income from investments is subject to taxation. Taxation depends on tax residency and legal form, but also on the type of income and other circumstances. We recommend contacting a tax advisor to obtain more detailed information.
|Conclusion of agreement|
Free of charge
|Fee for a purchase transaction|
|Fee for a sales transaction|
0.14% of trade value, min 9 €
LHV funds charge 1% fee, max 3 €
0 € is applied if the client sells Growth Account funds for home loan down payment before the loan money is paid out *
0.02% per month (from 0,5 €; 0.01% on sums over 30,000 €), plus VAT; first year without management fee; management fee for persons under 26 years of age is 0 € **
* Sell your funds in the desired amount from your Growth Account 2 weeks prior to the date of loan money being paid out. We will reimburse the fees associated to sales of the Growth Account funds within 2 weeks.
** Applies only for the first Growth Account.
View the terms and conditions, price list and risks of the Growth Account. Before making an investment decision, review the fund’s prospectus and key investor information and risks involved in the investment. We advise you to get acquainted with the fund and the costs involved in the investment service with the help of the resources available on the website.