You can log in to LHV Bank with your ID card, Mobile ID, Smart-ID or the PIN calculator given to you by LHV Bank.
You can log in to LHV Bank with your ID card, Mobile ID, Smart-ID or the PIN calculator given to you by LHV Bank. You can also create a password that gives you access to your account if you wish. To do this, log in to your account with your ID card, Mobile ID, Smart-ID or PIN calculator and select Passwords under INFORMATION AND SETTINGS.
Your username is specified in your Client Agreement. Call our client support on 6 800 400 or send an e-mail to email@example.com to obtain this information quickly.
You cannot change your username in the Internet Bank, you have to call our client support on 6 800 400 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are using the Web browser Firefox or Internet Explorer, enabling ID card extensions will help. For this, proceed as follows:
- Firefox Web browser: In the menu, open Firefox – Add-ons – Extensions. On the list, find Estonian ID Card authentication, and check to make sure the extension is enabled. Close all windows of the Web browser. Open the Web browser again and try to log in.
- Internet Explorer Web browser: In the settings menu, open Manage Add-ons – Toolbars and Extensions. On the list, find "EstEIDIEPluginBHO Class“, select it and check to make sure the extension is enabled. Close all windows of the Web browser. Open the Web browser again and try to log in.
If the problem persists, update your ID card certificates.
Call our client support helpline on 6 800 400 or send an e-mail to email@example.com in the event of further problems.
Using ID-card on Google Chrome 42 is disrupted even for users with previously successful sessions and you need to update your ID-software.
To restore the functionality, do the following:
- close all open browser tabs;
- renew your ID-software at installer.id.ee;
- reopen browser.
This error may be caused by several circumstances occurring at the same time; it is difficult to identify one specific reason. Renewing the base software of the ID card usually helps. Read more at installer.id.ee.
Problems may also occur if use of the EstEID plug-in is prohibited. To allow the plug-in, do as follows:
- Google Chrome: due to the security requirements in place since version 32, the ID-card signature plug-in has been disabled by default. The warning text and icon reading “Plug-in blocked” will be displayed on the browser’s address bar on the signature page. You can select the plug-ins that are not blocked by clicking on the icon. Make sure in the settings that the EstEID plug-in is always enabled; after that, press the “Back” button on the signature form, as the signing process has already failed. If you have disabled the plug-in previously and no warning message is displayed, open chrome://plugins in the browser window, find the EstEID plug-in and mark the tickbox “Always allowed”.
- Internet Explorer: select Options (the gear icon) > Manage add-ons. In the table, find the plug-in EstEIDIEPluginBHO Class and check that the status is ‘Enabled’. To change the status, right-click on the row and select ‘Enable’ from the opening menu.
- Firefox: select Firefox > Add-ons in the browser menu and check that the EstEID (or Estonian ID Card) plug-in is allowed.
- Edge: The ID-card can be used for logging into the internet bank, but it is not possible to confirm payments or sign agreements. To do this, other web browsers must be used. If Edge displays an error stating it is not possible to sign with the ID-card, the same page can be opened in Internet Explorer by selecting “Open with Internet Explorer” from the menu bar on the top (the rightmost icon, with three dots).
The fastest way to get a calculator is to stop by one of our branch offices. If that is not convenient for you, please contact customer support.
- Download the free Smart-ID app.
- Register and associate Smart-ID with your ID card or Mobiil-ID.
- Create your own PIN1 and PIN2 and memorise them. PIN1 is needed for logging into e-service websites and PIN2 is required for confirmation of user actions.
- If your phone’s SIM does not support Mobiil-ID, you will have to visit your operator’s branch and get a new SIM with Mobiil-ID support. Be sure to bring a personal identification document, either your ID card or the Republic of Estonia passport if you are using digi-ID.
- Activate Mobiil-ID certificates on the Police and Border Guard Board website with your valid ID-card or digi-ID. For that you will need your ID card’s PIN1 and PIN2.
- When you are logging into the mobile bank, the phone will ask you to enter PIN1. When you are confirming a payment, you will have to enter PIN2.
Mobiil-ID works both in Estonia and abroad.
The Mobiil-ID monthly fee is approximately 1 euro.
LHV Bank uses the service offered by the Certification Centre www.sk.ee, which sends the control code to the correct mobile phone on the basis of the ID code. Enter your username, which leads to the ID code and this is how people are identified.
LHV Bank uses the service offered by the Certification Centre www.sk.ee, which sends the control code to the correct person on the basis of the ID code. Enter your username, which leads to the ID code and this is how people are identified.