The Card User shall:
- use the Card according to the Agreement and make every effort to protect the Card from any mechanical damage, high temperatures, impact of electromagnetic fields, copying, changing etc.;
- not provide the Card to any third parties, except to receivers of payments at the time of performing Transactions;
- use the Card only in Terminals marked with the MasterCard logo and, while making Transactions, follow the instructions given by or displayed on the Terminal. The Bank shall not be liable for any damage caused as a result of violating this Article of the Agreement;
- not use the Card for any illegal purpose, incl. buying goods and services prohibited by applicable legislation;
- notify the Bank immediately of any errors or breakdowns hindering Transactions;
- perform other obligations arising from the Agreement and from the Law of Obligations Act.
To ensure the secure performance of Transactions, the Card User shall periodically renew the Security Elements of the Card if the Bank has established relevant procedures and periods in this regard.
The Customer and/or the Card User shall ensure that persons who do not have the right to use the Card do not become aware or obtain possession of the Card and/or the Security Elements of the Card. The Card User shall go to every effort to keep the Card and/or the Security Elements of the Card protected, incl. remember the Security Elements, not record the Security Elements on any data medium and maintain the Security Elements in a diligent manner that does not allow the use thereof by any Third Parties (incl. destroy the paper containing the Security Elements immediately after memorising them).
If the Card is unauthorised or misused or if the Card and/or the Security Elements of the Card have been lost or stolen or the Security Elements have or may have become known to any third party who is not entitled to use them, the Card User or the Customer shall notify the Bank (whose number and answering hours have been published on the Website of the Bank) immediately by telephone.
When obtaining the information set out in Article 4.4., the Bank shall go to every effort to suspend any further use of the Card (incl. shall close the Card).
The Bank and/or a person servicing the Card shall have the right to refuse to perform a Transaction and/or take the Card away if the Card and/or the Security Elements of the Card have been used incorrectly or if the Bank and/or the person servicing the Card has any doubts about the identity of the Card User.